Sunday, July 30, 2006

Princess Grace Kelly


This is A portrate of Princess Grace Kelly, a project I did for school. The assignment this was for, was to create a stamp of something or someone well known. This was the final project of the semester. The professor I had was a stickler. Nothing anyone did, did he not pick apart. So, I kept searching for the right picture to use. I also wanted to challenge myself , by going with a well known person. I also wanted to use someone that made an impact in other peoples lives. I couldnt find any pictures that looked like stamp material. Then I finally found this image. It was perfect. I wanted to add to the image, like putting a film strip behind her, or putting a crown in the top corner. The more I thought about adding to it, the more I thought that it would take away from the picture. When I brought it to class and presented it to the teacher, he was stunned, the work I did prior in class didnt match up to the work I did here. He tried to pick it apart but couldnt. This made me feel good. Finally I was able to show him the talent that I really had inside me.

2 comments:

Mikaela said...

Kellie, this is beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

This drawing is spectacular in person. I was truly amazed myself when I saw it for the first time.