Monday, May 12, 2008

SHARE-A-SQUARE PROJECT




This project was done last summer. The square's were donated to a project that was taken place in TEXAS. The project was to make 140 Blankets made of granny squares. The blankets were then given to children with Cancer. I made 8 squares, and a co-worker made 3. Also another co-workers Mom made about 12. So together we touched the hearts of 23 Children. Such a great project to be apart of.


"Here’s my idea. I’ve found a granny afghan pattern that is very simple. It requires 24 small squares and 6 large squares, but it could work with just 48 small squares. If I can get people to send me the crocheted squares, then I’ll ask folks in my community to put them together; I’m not shy. With every square you send, attach a signed “best wishes” card (you can give an e-mail address to the child if you want). Each afghan will be put together with squares and good wishes from at least thirty different people."

No comments: